Duties & Responsibilities
Supervision of Patient Care
- Checks the head nurse/senior nurse plans for patient are and sees to it that they are properly executed.
- Keeps herself/himself informed of patient needs and problems
- Reinforces health instructions given to patient and their families as the need arises.
- Verifies implementation of requests of referrals to evaluate continuity of care.
- Serves as consultant and adviser to the senior nurse/head nurse in developing, devising and adopting work techniques and methods of solution of problems related to patient care.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to instruct/teach/tutor
- Ability to receive telephone inquiries in a tactful, helpful manner
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and unpleasant elements
- Interpret standard operating procedures and policies, review work performance of personnel to determine if it conforms to recognize standards.
- Plans the programs and work of all the nursing personnel of the unit.
- Directs arrangements of schedule of work hours, off-duties, vacation leave, etc. of all nursing person not assigned in the unit.
- Evaluates work accomplished by each nursing employee in the ward.
- Prepares the plans for counseling of co-workers; this is done individually especially to personnel with problem-example habitual absenteeism
- Harmonious relationship and self-discipline among nursing personnel under her supervision.
- Helps in providing an adequate and safe environment by guiding and helping head nurses in providing and maintaining a safe, orderly and clean environment for patient and personnel.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's/College Degree, Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam) in Nursing or equivalent.
- With BLS and IV Therapy Certificate.
- Preferably with at least 9 units Masters of Arts in Nursing or Masters of Science in Nursing
- Must have at least 1 year of experience as a Nurse Supervisor.
- With good oral and written communication skills, can work on shifts and under pressure.
- Must be willing to work in Marikina City.