Infection Control Nurse
Duties & Responsibilities
- Makes regular visit to the particular clinical area to make sure that the patients with particular infection receives an appropriate treatment in regard to the isolation precaution (MRSA, etc.), and the type of treatment that the patient has to receive.
- Keeping file records for each case. Make sure that the staffs are educated and updated with the protocols in relation to the infection control.
- Ensuring compliance with hospital rules and policies. Arranges special teaching session to the staff and even the specific group of patients pertaining to the infection control and prevention.
- Oversee public health programs, including statistical analysis, healthcare planning, surveillance systems and public health improvement including proper waste disposal.
- Updates his/her knowledge by participating in the clinical governance meeting.
- Participating at research activities. May share his/her concern or worries to Epidemiologist/ Consultant Microbiologist in order to get an idea and for a possible solution.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and strategic planner
- Ethics and confidentiality
- Graduate of Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse with at least years of experience as a Staff Nurse
- Member of any Nursing Association
- Preferably member of Phil. Infection Control Nurse Association (if any).