Operating Room Nurse
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gather all instruments, sutures, drapes, etc. and set up scrub table in an aseptic manner.
- Complete surgical hand scrub before donning sterile gown and gloves.
- Gown and glove doctors.
- Perform an initial sponge, needle, and instrument count as described in count procedure together with the circulating nurse before the incision is made, at the beginning of wound closure and at the end of the surgical procedure.
- Arrange instruments and supplies so that they are easily accessible.
- Knowledge of specific instruments and suture used for the procedure to be done.
- Assist in the proper draping of the patient to insure sterile operating area.
- Have all instruments ready when the surgeon needs them and to anticipate those needs.
- Ensure aseptic techniques are carried out at all times. If a break in sterile technique occurs, it is the duty of the scrub nurse to report and remedy the problem.
- Passes sterile instruments and supplies to surgeon and assistant
- Clearly communicate with surgeon regarding specimen preparation as applicable. If specimen is routine (placed in formalin), it will be placed to the OR specimen cabinet with labeled as name of patient, name of doctors, date and name of specimen, endorse it properly to circulating nurse.
- Complete the appropriate sponge, sharp, and instrument counts as described in the count procedure together with the circulating nurse.
- Carries out other duties and activities that may be delegated by the Senior Nurse and / or Superior without compromising the performance of primary duties and activities.
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing with License
- With BLS license
- With experience as OR Nurse
- Trained in IV Therapy
- With good communication skills
- Annual Merit Increase – Performance Based
- 13th Month Pay
- Subsidized plane ticket to Manila for hires from Visayas & Mindanao
- Lodging Allowance for hires from Visayas & Mindanao
- 40,000 Medical Benefits
- Medicine Discount
- 5 Sets of Uniform
- Service Incentive Leave
- Annual Performance Based Bonus – Individual & Business Performance
- Free Meal During Duty (Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
- Referral Incentives
- Special Purpose Loan
- Bereavement Assistance
- Annual Physical Examination
- Government Mandated Benefits